WCNY provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our Human Resource department reviews every application. Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a response to every one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Production Assistant (PA) is responsible for studio camera, teleprompter, Xpression graphics, DMX digital lighting, field grip-lighting and camera, editing, audio and remote location production assistance. The (PA) will provide production and content support to other WCNY initiatives including Public Affairs and Educational programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate studio camera, teleprompter, character generator, and other control room equipment as assigned.
- Assist staff of producers/directors, and talent in the successful completion of department projects.
- Serve as researcher as assigned.
- Serve as assistant to the producer as assigned.
- Assist station personnel in arranging suitable facilities and support services.
- Participation in station fundraising and public awareness campaigns.
- Other assignments as needed.
Credentials and Experience:
- 2 year associates degree in Electronic Media and/or Television-Radio
- Understanding of news gathering and story creation.
- Understanding of DMX digital lighting, set design and post-production.
- Basic audio/lighting expertise for studio and field production work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, and listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands, fingers and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
WCNY, Central New York’s own member-supported public broadcasting station, is an exciting, cutting-edge multimedia company leveraging TV, radio, social media and print and was the proud winner of the CenterState CEO 2014 Business of the Year award in the nonprofit category. WCNY reaches 19 counties and nearly 2 million people with content that inspires, educates, and entertains.
The Auction Sales Representative position is a telesales position soliciting items and certificates via phone and email from local, national and international businesses for our annual auction fundraising events. We are seeking energized, motivated, team players with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Qualified candidates should be goal-oriented with some sales experience. The position is part-time, 35 hours per week Monday-Friday, and continues until May 2015.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make outbound phone calls and send email correspondence to pre-determined list of past donors and prospects
- Follow-up correspondence in a timely manner
- Accountable for reaching assigned inventory goals
- Complete necessary donation paperwork
- Provide professional, courteous customer service
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer skills required
- Ability to work independently, while also able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Highly-motivated to reach or surpass inventory goals
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through on required tasks
You can also mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Vice President of Human Resources
415 W. Fayette St.
PO Box 2400
Syracuse, NY 13204
Notice to Organizations Assisting Job Seekers:
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WCNY, please provide WCNY with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the above address.
WCNY is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.