WCNY provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our Human Resource department reviews every application. Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a response to every one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WCNY, Central New York’s radio home for Classical Music, seeks a dynamic, experienced leader for its radio stations. Our next Program Director will be passionate about promoting the arts and be a collaboration leader with the many music and arts institutions of the region.
The Program Director will be responsible for:
- ensuring the delivery of local and network programming across WCNY’s four radio platforms: Classical, Oldies, Jazz and Readout Radio, an HD radio service for the visually impaired.
- supervise on-air production, including short-form programming, promotions and live-read copy
- ensuring WCNY is complying with FCC and CPB regulations
- managing department operations
- understanding and directing all broadcast, production and trafficking systems.
- bachelor’s degree, five years’ experience in radio programming
- ability to deliver high-quality work under deadline and pressure
- an understanding and appreciation of classical music is desired
The Account Executive position is an opportunity to launch your sales career with WCNY, an exciting, cutting-edge multimedia company. You will implement successful multimedia solutions from a diverse platform of outstanding products, including television, radio, web, and print. The atmosphere is performance-driven and deadline-driven, and new Account Executives are sometimes surprised at how fast the pace is here.
The successful Account Executive must be able to:
Conduct proactive consultative needs analysis with prospective and current clients.
Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives
by partnering with WCNY.
- Design, develop, and present sales proposals and presentations.
- Exceed a quarterly and annual sales revenue goal.
- Generate leads by contacting clients via telephone, face-to-
- face cold calling, and networking events.
- Uncover new business sales opportunities while managing
- multiple projects
- Work in conjunction with other business services support
- groups, including marketing and television production personnel.
Preferred candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in sales with a strong
- preference given to experience in revenue development for multi-platform outside media sales.
- Personal drive, a competitive nature, and passion to be #1.
- The ability to overcome objections.
- Strong networking skills, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to learn quickly and use new technology.
- A professional appearance.
WCNY is seeking candidates for the position of Web Developer. The Web Developer will have overall responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in web site design and development, including creation of custom graphics. The Web Developer will be responsible for designing the user interface and overall customer experience for our web site and application. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with functional leaders to determine goals for each web and/or multi-media application and transform established concepts into specific applications.
- Execute the creative design, implementation, and technical coding.
- Responsible for design maintenance of all Web site and other electronic publications and applications.
- Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Works with Marketing and Development staff in style and approach for all projects.
- Research, accumulate, and organize information to be included in the website and/or multi-media application.
- Gather, summarize, and report web use statistics.
- Provide training, guidance, and consultation to other staff and clients including project partners and others involved on a project or instructional basis.
- Participates in efforts to improve quality of Web site and other electronic publications as required.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the organization in all areas of web technology but especially in emerging topics such as responsive design, accessibility, and security.
- Develop special-purpose web applications to address organizational goals and initiatives.
- Develop support workflows and processes for all web-based technologies in use in the organization and manage in site maintenance activities.
- Develop special-purpose web applications to address departmental and organizational goals and initiatives.
- Use the principles of project and time management to guide the web efforts for the organization’s departments and assure that web content remains current and timely.
Credentials and Experience:
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Flash MX/+ Actionscript/2+ preferred. Experience using graphics.
- Knowledge of HTML Web technologies and applications.
- BS in Computer Technology, IT or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external groups.
- Experience with audio/video demonstration technologies is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
You can also mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Vice President of Human Resources
415 W. Fayette St.
PO Box 2400
Syracuse, NY 13204
Notice to Organizations Assisting Job Seekers:
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WCNY, please provide WCNY with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the above address.
WCNY is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.