WCNY, Central New York’s own member-supported public broadcasting station, is an exciting, cutting-edge multimedia company leveraging TV, radio, social media and print and was the proud winner of the CenterState CEO 2014 Business of the Year award in the nonprofit category. WCNY reaches 19 counties and nearly 2 million people with content that inspires, educates, and entertains.
WCNY provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our Human Resource department reviews every application. Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a response to every one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can also mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
415 W. Fayette St.
Syracuse, NY 13204
Notice to Organizations Assisting Job Seekers:
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for WCNY, please provide WCNY with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the above address.
WCNY is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Development and Programming Coordinator
WCNY, Central New York’s public broadcasting station, is an Award-winning, cutting-edge multimedia company. WCNY’s reach spans 19 counties and over 1.8 million viewers with content that inspires, educates, and entertains.
The Development and Programming Coordinator will work with a driven and highly motivated team to grow the member base and continue to provide excellent interaction and support for current members. Communicating with prospective, new, and existing members is core to this position, as is database maintenance and reporting. Similarly, a grasp of station audience interests and PBS content and programming opportunities is essential. The ideal candidate for the position of Development Coordinator is data-driven, has a passion for the nonprofit/public media sector, a deep understanding of public broadcasting’s mission, and a desire to keep an extraordinarily well-maintained database. Candidate must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, be technology savvy with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Candidate should possess the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing data integrity, ensuring data hygiene, and enacting best practices of company CRM: NGO-C.
- Managing timely and accurate communications with donors and community members, and documenting communications in NGO-C.
- Pulling member and finance reports out of NGOC as requested and as needed for data hygiene and analysis.
- Working with Finance office to reconcile monthly membership cash reports.
- Managing employee payroll giving records in NGO-C.
- Inputting contributions into NGO-C, as needed.
- Managing refunds in NGO-C, as needed.
- Managing member premiums in ACD (vendor portal) and NGO-C.
- Inputting Nielsen data monthly and reporting on viewership.
- Work closely with other departments on managing the station’s television programming schedule, including aligning member interests with content acquisition.
- Primary point of contact for television programming queries. Answer member questions about benefits included in their membership, such as guidance on how to use the Passport streaming service and Perks Connect discounts.
- Sending direct mail member communications, as needed.
- Serve as a point person for Audience Services.
- Other tasks, as needed.
- Experience in fundraising/sales, business, or a related field preferred.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications a must, with experience in CRM software a strong plus.
- Exceptional data entry skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Polite and pleasant with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service experience a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Three to five years’ experience in client-management or customer service.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required.
Qualified candidates should apply and send resume.
WCNY connects with the curious of all ages through innovation, creative content, educational programs, and transformative experiences to open minds and spark change. A trusted media enterprise, WCNY is constantly evolving and fully engaged with a diverse audience that shares our passion for public service. Together, we will contribute to community prosperity and embrace innovation to foster a well-informed, inspired world. We value passion to make a difference in the lives of those we serve every day, courage to embrace risks worth taking and overcome challenges, respect of one another’s diversity, opinions, and beliefs, service to the public through responsiveness to community values and needs, innovation in thoughts and actions that create new opportunities and valuable solutions, commitment to continuous reflection and improvement, and creativity in advancing impactful content and fostering shared resources for the public good.
The Production Assistant reports directly to the Senior Studio Supervisor and is responsible for studio camera, teleprompter, graphics, lighting, field camera, and remote location production assistance. Will provide production and content support to other WCNY local, regional, and national programming, as well as WCNY’s Premier Events team.
- Operate studio cameras, teleprompter, graphics generator (XPression), and other control room equipment as assigned.
- Assist staff of WCNY producers, directors, and talent in the successful completion of department projects.
- Serve as researcher as assigned.
- Serve as assistant to producer as assigned.
- Work with the Studio Supervisor to build and light sets.
- Assist in set up and execution of WCNY Events.
- Understanding of lighting and set design.
- Understanding of story creation and information gathering.
- Interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and communication.
- Focus on delivering results and team success.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop).
- Must be able to lift or move up to 75 pounds and work on lighting grid using a ladder or lift.
Expected Work Hours
- As needed, less than 20 hours per week.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Electronic Media or TV/Radio Production.
WCNY is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
To keep our employees safe, we have implemented daily cleaning services, masks, social distancing, and hand sanitizer located throughout the building.
Qualified candidates should apply and send resume.