The Collegiate Public Media Initiative is a skill-building and enrichment program that creates opportunities for college students interested in careers with public media.
The goals of this initiative is to:
- Establish the value of public media to a new generation
- Engage young journalists in public media practices through training, internships, and hands-on experiences
- Through our national network, provide club members with professional guidance on public media career paths
- Allow public media professionals to learn alongside forward-thinking students and Gen Z innovators”
If you would like to be involved on your campus and find out more about how you can create projects like these, please reach out to Meghan Kane at email@example.com.
The Collegiate Public Media initiative offers members:
- A dialogue with public media professionals
- Training in news and storytelling
- Eligibility for internships
- Experience creating a business plan
- Opportunities to pitch projects for on-air and online distribution
These projects are the result of the hard work from students throughout our region who are part of their College’s WCNY Campus Club, including SUNY Oswego and Ithaca College.
SUNY Oswego Holiday Television Special
Professor James Rada’s Visual Journalism Class Projects