November 18, 2016
‘CONNECT:NY’ features Race, Policing and Respect at 9 p.m. Nov. 21 on WCNY
“Connect:NY,” WCNY’s statewide TV news and public affairs series, will continue to convene conversations that matter to all citizens of New York State.
Susan Arbetter, WCNY news and public affairs director convenes the monthly conversations on these important issues. Stakeholders in government, labor, the environment, the community, law and business will join scholars and educators in a lively, in-studio presentation produced from WCNY’s Broadcast Studios.
“Race, Policing and Respect” explores how we can foster safety and mutual respect between communities of color and the police at a time when mistrust and misunderstanding is prevalent across New York State.
The following regional leaders and experts join Arbetter:
- Stephanie Miner – Mayor, City of Syracuse
- Frank Fowler – Chief of Police, Syracuse City Police Department
- Sam Rowser – Executive Producer, OnPoint for College
- Jens David Ohlin – Assoc. Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
- Derrick Dorsey – President, Syracuse City School Board and Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club of Syracuse
- Khalid Bey – Syracuse City Councilman
“Connect:NY Race, Policing and Respect” airs at 9 p.m. on Nov. 21. For viewing information, visit wcny.org/wheretowatch. The show will be available online following the TV broadcast at wcny.org/connect-ny.◄ Back to News