Mysteries of Mental Illness” explores the story of mental illness in science and society. The four-part series traces the evolution of this complex topic from its earliest days to present times. It explores dramatic attempts across generations to unravel the mysteries of mental illness and gives voice to contemporary Americans across a spectrum of experiences.
Watch the premiere Tuesday, June 22 at 9 p.m. on WCNY-TV.
WCNY’s recorded event Exploring Mental Health: A Virtual Preview of the PBS Series “Mysteries of Mental Illness”, aired June 17 at 6:30 p.m. on Zoom, sponsored by Prevention Network.
– Ashley Dailey, Family Support Navigator, Prevention Network
– Dr. Richard O’Neill, Psychologist, Upstate Medical University
– Jennifer Parmalee, Deputy Commissioner & Director of Community Services, Onondaga County Department of Children and Family Services
– Dr. Robert Gregory, Director of Psychiatry High Risk Program, Upstate Medical University
– Dr. Christopher P Lucas, Vice-Chair of Hospital Psychiatry Services, Upstate University Hospital
WCNY wants to share your mental health related resources with the community to elevate awareness, and break through the long-held stigmas associated with mental illnesses.