WCNY’s ‘Won’t You Help a Neighbor?’ campaign spotlights Friends in Service Here (F.I.S.H.)
March 16, 2013
WCNY’s “Won’t You Help a Neighbor?” campaign to support Central New York non-profits and charities this month will focus attention on the Friends in Service Here (F.I.S.H.), an organization that provides free transportation to medical and dental appointments for the elderly in Onondaga and Madison counties.
There are five F.I.S.H. operations in Onondaga County: Camillus, DeWitt, Fayetteville-Manlius, Tully/LaFayette and Skaneateles; and one operation in Madison County: Cazenovia. Each operation is always looking for volunteer drivers and dispatchers to help.
To volunteer to become a driver or dispatcher, please contact each region for specific information:
- Camillus – Triche Bacon (315) 672-5820
- Cazenovia – Steve Burrell (315) 655-2008
- DeWitt – Jean Kimber (315) 632-4096
- Fayetteville-Manlius – Bob Duncanson (315) 637-8628
- Tully/Lafayette – Barbara Kohberger (315) 696-8203
- Skaneateles – Pat Blackwell (315) 685-0533
To learn more about the “Won’t You Help a Neighbor?” campaign visit www.wcny.org/neighbor or to alert WCNY to an important local cause, contact Haley Dubnoff, editor and public relations manager, at email@example.com or (315) 453-2424.◄ Back to News