Celebrate Italian American culture in Central New York
Save the date!
Date: March 15
Time: 1 p.m.
Location: WCNY Broadcast and Education Center
415 W. Fayette St.
Syracuse, NY 13204
Cost: Free, and open to the community
The community is invited to join WCNY in telling the story of Central New York’s Italian Americans.
1) First send us your photos! We are looking for images of local Italian American families, businesses, athletics, arts and culture. These will proudly be shared at our celebration event, Italian Americans in Central New York and shown on WCNY’s web and Facebook pages honoring the event. Upload your heritage photos at wcny.org/italianamericans.
2) Then come join WCNY for a shared celebration of Italian American history and contributions to the CNY regional culture. Enjoy delightful Italian food and beverages. Watch clips from PBS’s documentary The Italian Americans, and from Italian Americans from New York and New Jersey—stories of some of New York State’s iconic Italian Americans such as former Gov. Mario Cuomo and Frank Sinatra. The event’s emcee will be our very own Joey Nigro, co-host of WCNY’s radio show “Ciao!” A presentation of Italian American regional history and heartwarming stories will be shared.
Share your stories, mark your calendars, celebrate Italian Americans in CNY!
WCNY and Upstate Cancer Center present a community event
Cancer: The Story of Care in Central New York
Date: March 25
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Upstate Cancer Center
750 East Adams St.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Cost: Free, parking also free
Preview Ken Burn’s new documentary Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies
Attend informational presentations and take a tour of the Upstate Cancer Center.
- Cancer 101
- Cancer Prevention and Wellness
- History of Cancer Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- How to Find Reliable Health Information
Crystal Ball Event
Honoring Robert J. Daino, WCNY President and CEO
Date: April 16
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: The Holiday Inn
441 Electronics Pkwy
Liverpool, NY 13088
Robert Daino, WCNY President and CEO, will receive the 2015 Crystal Ball Award. This prestigious award is bestowed annually by Central New York Sales and Marketing Executives (CNYSME ) to a local businessperson for contributions to the sales and marketing profession and support for the community.